Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing Grayscale ArchiCAD 11 vs ArchiCAD 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our office recently upgraded from ArchiCAD 10 to 11. In version 10 I was getting used to using a light grey solid fill and having it print as a grayscale. Now opening those same drawings in 11, they are printing solid black regardless of what colour the solid fill is.

Is this just a simple setting or a change for 11.

I can post / send an example to anyone who can help me.

Thanks,

Dan
12 REPLIES 12
Thomas Holm
Booster
Scanned print.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Rick Newton
Newcomer
I had the same problem with pdf's and prints from my HP 500. I discovered a "fix." In the print dialog box, under the "color" tab, select, "True Black." Then, in the "CAD" tab, select, "Use application colors." Then back in the original ArchiCAD print dialog box, select, "Black & White." print it and you will get what you want.
Rick Newton, Architect, ArchiCAD 17, 27" iMac:•3.4GHz Core i7 •32GB 1600MHz DDR3 SDRAM-2X8GB •3TB Fusion Drive •NVIDIAGeForce GTX 680MX 2GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having a sim problem except I print with B/W and have a HP 500 with a 42+HPGL2 card.
I don't have a color tab where I can select true black or a cad tab where I select use application colors. Are you talking about the plot options or the print options?