Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing Gridlines

Seiss Wagner
Participant
I made a dumb mistake and upgraded ArchiCad 9 to build 2018 last week. Today I opened Plotmaker to print my project, due tomorrow, and all the plan sheets appear correctly, but when plotted, are covered by the display of grid lines. The plotter is an HP DesignJet 600 running through an HP JetDirect. Yes, "hide all gridlines that insect with drawing" is selected. These same files printed fine before the "Hot Fix"!! Other job files that plotted correctly before are now also plotting the grid matrix.

Is anyone else having this problem, does anyone have an idea what the problem might be, does anyone know how to fix it? Is there a way to get the last version of Plotmaker back, will it run with 2018?

Printing works correctly, its only the plot files that are showing the background grids.
ArchiCad 21 / OS X 10.13.5 /
iMac 3.2GHz i5 - 32GB /AMD Radeon R9 M390 - 2048 MB/
Dual 5K - 27" Displays
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
I just had this same issue pop up today. Has there been any more information on this since the last post in June? Has anyone found any other way around the problem other than installing a separate version of plotmaker on your computer to print these files?

I agree that hotfixes that cause more problems than they fix are a huge problem. As a new user I am inclined to install all of the hotfixes whether or not I have encountered any specific problems because there are many problems that I don't think I would recognize. I knew that Microsoft had problems like this, but I was hoping that Graphisoft would not.

Thanks for your help.

-Aaron Jobson