cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Printing/Plotting

Stephen Dolbee
Booster
I use the 6" siding fill on plans to show wood decks. When I print (on a printer) from Archicad everything is fine. However, when I print from Plotmaker, these fills appear almost like shading. "Plotting" with our plotter from Plotmaker is fine. It is only when I "print" with the printer in Plotmaker. Does anyone know why, and is there a solution?

Thanks,
Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
Stephen wrote:
I use the 6" siding fill on plans to show wood decks. When I print (on a printer) from Archicad everything is fine. However, when I print from Plotmaker, these fills appear almost like shading. "Plotting" with our plotter from Plotmaker is fine. It is only when I "print" with the printer in Plotmaker. Does anyone know why, and is there a solution?
It surely can be provided by your ArchiCAD tech support, if they (and us) knwe which printer, which plotter, and what are the settings in both the drivers and PlotMaker.

Also, how do you print from ArchiCAD? True Weight or not?

And so on ... call the guys ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
It sounds as if Plotmaker is printing with bitmaps and plotting vectors. I never use or display bitmaps anymore, but I think I saw this happen back in the days before HPGL2 & HP-RTL (bitmap plotting).
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Matthew,
You were partially right. I just discovered in Plotmaker display options, "Fill" was set to "all to bitmap". I just needed to change that setting to "keep original settings".

Thanks,
Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!