Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Publish to AutoCAD dwg

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am lost on the sea of ArchiCAD trying to Publish a Plotmaker dwg as a auto CAD drawing so my 4 consultants can get started working (I have been trying for over 3 days to make this happen but I am completely frustrated) I keep getting a dialogue box that says that it failed due to incorrect definition of path or drive or insufficient access rights...What is this all about ?

And how can I provide good timely service for my clients ?

thanks - Paul
13 REPLIES 13
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Where are you trying to publish to? Sounds like it's a place you don't have rights to. So to speak.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your prompt reply. I am trying to publish a plotmaker file to be an Auto CAD file on my desktop so that I can email it to the consultants. Yes there are otherways to do this but...I am not that gifted in understanding the depths of ArchiCAD. and so I must keep it extrememly simple.

Thanks again, Paul
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Are you sure it's your desktop? May sound like a silly question, but without knowing more about your OS, it could be quite relevant. Have you tried saving it to other locations?

Screenshots of your Publisher path and error messages would also help.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Unfortunately I know nothring of rights....?
I am using Archicad 9 on my MAC OS with 10.3 this should be so easy or so I am told.

Rhanks Paul
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Where are you trying to save these too? Is it locally? How many user accounts do you have set up on your computer?

Another image would be nice!

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It should be the simplest:
1. I what to save this plotmaker file as a draw file on my desktop.
2. There are no other accounts... this is a one man office with one MAC

Perhaps my entire ArchiCAD program was set up incompletely when I installed it.....there is no way for me to tell and they do not explain anything virtually ("?") with reasons or why or even in a 1, 2, 3 step listing anymore.... As you can tell I am at a loss and my archicad seller says that it is all done...except it does not do..just yet.

Paul
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
You can simply set your path as shown in my first image. Did you take a look at that?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your try....I have been redoing that exact format for the past 2 hours... with no change - see the attached pictures......
Thanks for your trys. tomorrow I will search out and hire an autoCAD draftsman ( the enemy) to do it for us I have not other alternate at this point.

Thanks again, Paul
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
atelierb wrote:
tomorrow I will search out and hire an autoCAD draftsman ( the enemy) to do it for us

Nooooooooooooooooooooo
Don't do it, you don't need to.

The first image that you posted, as Link said, you have to have the rights to save to you own hard drive, if that's where you are trying to save to. You must set your permissions to allow you to be able to read and wright.

The second image that you posted is saying that you haven't chosen where you want to save your files. If you had of simply chosen "SETS" you would have been taken to "View set publishing properties". Once here you can choose an existing folder or create a new one, in your case on your desktop.

At the moment Plotmaker is confused. It doesn't know where to save your files, that's why you keep getting up the error messages.

BTW, don't forget to check your permissions.

HTH.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com