Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Radius in verticle wall?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a 8 inch thick, 6 foot long, verticle brick wall that is 5 foot high on the left and 3 foot high on the right. Instead of a straight line from left to right, I want an inverted arch to give a nice sweeping look to the wall. A wrought-iron gate (3 feet wide) will be between the the exact mirrored wall on the opposite side of the gate to make a total length structure of approx. 15.

The question... how do I make the inverted arch (radius?) in the verticle wall. Thank you for your help.... Doug
5 REPLIES 5
Dwight
Newcomer
Round Wall Hole - Window Opening. When placing the window opening into the wall you might get a warning about it extending beyond the wall. That is what you want.....
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dwight.... thanks for the reply. I did that to get the desired look... but how do I then get rid of the window? I changed the window material to brick (as my wall is), but how do I get rid of the window frame that extends above the vertical wall?
Anonymous
Not applicable
"Round window opening"... Emphasis on the word "Opening"! But, it gives me a square opening, not round even though I am using the "W Round Fixed" in Specialitie Windows.

Thanks..
Dwight
Newcomer
I apoplogise. I am an idiot.

In my library I tweaked the code and forgot.

Graphisoft made a square WALLHOLE and plugged it....
Dang..

In your case, I would change my advice:

Try a Solid Element Operation with a swooping roof or a big cylinder.
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
That word apopologise - it is a cross between apoplectic and apologise. Perfect.
Dwight Atkinson

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!