Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Renovation Override and lineweights

Anonymous
Not applicable
First, I LOVE the renovation filter in AC15. A good portion of my firm's work is renovation, and the filter simplifies significantly.

I know that there is a glitch with the renovation override and the fill patterns showing, as seen on other posts. My question is this. If I have the renovation override on for "Demolition" and it changes the color of the element, is the lineweight supposed to change to reflect the override? I have attached an image that shows a cadimage door element with the following filters:
- existing (original lineweights)
- Demolition override
- existing (lineweight is the same as the demolition override)

Since our firm does not use color for construction documents, the lineweight thickness is our primary way to distinguish demo elements.
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anybody know if this got fixed in 17? This is such a bad move on GS. I need my demolished walls to be a heavier line weight, otherwise they easily get confused with overhead elements that aren't being demolished. The tool is so powerful, but his one simple glitch makes it so much less than it could be. I literally had a fire official tell me that my drawings weren't very legible because my demolished walls didn't stand out from other elements on the plan.

Graphisoft....please fix this!
Anonymous
Not applicable
It appears that this still isn't an option in ArchiCAD 18 or 19. It would be very useful if I could choose to override the lineweight or just the color with the override styles.

I'm trying to show existing elements with one lighter lineweight without having to go into the settings for each element and manually change the lineweight. The renovation filter appears to only change the COLOR of the lines, but not affect the lineweight. From the discussion above, it looks like this has been a problem for a long time. Any word on whether this will be fixed? An option to override the lineweight as well as the color would be ideal.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ARCHICAD 20 will have a new feature called Graphic Override Combinations. You will be able to create Override Rules, where you can define Criteria and elements meeting the criteria can be overridden. Their Fill, Pen and Surface attributes can be set to be overridden. The Pen color and the Pen Weight can be overridden separately. You can define as many Override Rules as needed and multiple of these Override Rules can be applied to any Viewpoint. Graphic Override Combinations will be saved with Views.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27