I publish as "save to file" and include the reviewer. however after I upload to my website, the files will not open. I get an error message "selected documents cannot be found". If I open the published files w/ the reviewer locally it works! I can see that everything has uploaded correctly. I had it working a few days ago.
permissions at the server end . . . do you use ftp to upload, or is it done by mounting the remote server as a volume on your own system? using ftp should clear any ownership and permissions that the files have and allow the websever to access them . . . i'm talking mac OSX here, not sure how the windows platform works . . .
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
I haven't been able to get the Reviewer to work AT ALL. It says it has successfully completed the process, but when I open the HTML there aren't any drawings listed -- it's basically three empty frames.
When you publish to an FTP server, in ArchiCAD/Plotmaker, you will get the all clear. What actually happens is that they are published to the "FTPUploader, which can be found in your ArchiCAD program folder. So as far as ArchiCAD/Plotmaker are concerned, they have successfully completed their tasks. After they have published to FTPUploader is then up to that program to send the documents to the web site via, yea FTP!.
What the problem could be is that your Antivirus/firewall programs have not been set to allow FTPUploader to connect to the internet, or as ben stated, it could be a server side permission problem.
I have had good success w/ plotmaker reviewer in windows w/ the following method:
publish as "save files" and include the reviewer. direct it to a specific local folder. doing this creates two folders (one for the reviewer stuff, one for the content to be viewed - the drawings which will have the same name as the publisher set, and an .html file which will also have the same name as the publisher set).
I then upload those two folders and .html file to a folder on my webserver. I use frontpage (website software for dummies) and it serves as my ftp client.
I then create a link on my website that links to the .html file created by plotmaker in the publishing process.
historically this has worked perfectly.
for some reason which is beyond me, it is not working now. It says it "selected documents cannot be found". But I know they are there! I had it working a few days ago w/ all the same permissions, etc.