Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Reviewer trouble

Anonymous
Not applicable
I publish as "save to file" and include the reviewer. however after I upload to my website, the files will not open. I get an error message "selected documents cannot be found". If I open the published files w/ the reviewer locally it works! I can see that everything has uploaded correctly. I had it working a few days ago.

Does anyone have any insight?
8 REPLIES 8
__archiben
Booster
rachildress wrote:
Does anyone have any insight?
permissions at the server end . . . do you use ftp to upload, or is it done by mounting the remote server as a volume on your own system? using ftp should clear any ownership and permissions that the files have and allow the websever to access them . . . i'm talking mac OSX here, not sure how the windows platform works . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
~/archiben wrote:
not sure the windows platform works . . .

HTH
~/archiben
We've all wondered about that!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't been able to get the Reviewer to work AT ALL. It says it has successfully completed the process, but when I open the HTML there aren't any drawings listed -- it's basically three empty frames.
Reviewer_Malfunction.gif
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
When you publish to an FTP server, in ArchiCAD/Plotmaker, you will get the all clear. What actually happens is that they are published to the "FTPUploader, which can be found in your ArchiCAD program folder. So as far as ArchiCAD/Plotmaker are concerned, they have successfully completed their tasks. After they have published to FTPUploader is then up to that program to send the documents to the web site via, yea FTP!.

What the problem could be is that your Antivirus/firewall programs have not been set to allow FTPUploader to connect to the internet, or as ben stated, it could be a server side permission problem.

HTH.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
My Reviewer set was published to my own hard drive, so you would think that would be the easiest and most reliable method.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had good success w/ plotmaker reviewer in windows w/ the following method:
publish as "save files" and include the reviewer. direct it to a specific local folder. doing this creates two folders (one for the reviewer stuff, one for the content to be viewed - the drawings which will have the same name as the publisher set, and an .html file which will also have the same name as the publisher set).
I then upload those two folders and .html file to a folder on my webserver. I use frontpage (website software for dummies) and it serves as my ftp client.
I then create a link on my website that links to the .html file created by plotmaker in the publishing process.
historically this has worked perfectly.
for some reason which is beyond me, it is not working now. It says it "selected documents cannot be found". But I know they are there! I had it working a few days ago w/ all the same permissions, etc.
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
Jay wrote:
My Reviewer set was published to my own hard drive, so you would think that would be the easiest and most reliable method.
Jay,
To be honest with you I have never had any problems with publishing directly to an FTP/WEB sever. If that method works for you, why not, you can then manually load them up to your site.

Just one other thing you can check before you publish you file to a web site, in the view set publishing properties dialog, make sure that you have a connection to your FTP before you publish them.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
__archiben
Booster
Millard wrote:
~/archiben wrote:
not sure the windows platform works . . .
We've all wondered about that!
oops!

make that "not sure HOW the windows platform works . . ."

thanks millard. gotta go fire my proof reader . . .

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup