Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Scale of a 3D section - Perspective - Archicad 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Do any of you know how to set the scale of a perspective 3D section in Archicad 18?
I did a 3D section with the 3D cutaway tool, then chose the view on 3D and generated a 3D document but can't save it at the right scale. When I try it's 6 time smaller.

Any help ? I couldn't find any answer on the forum

Thank you!
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
One you say "smaller" you mean dimensions and text in 3D document?

A screenshot of a problem could be helpful...

But, of the top of my head, if the question is really regarding scale in 3D, then you can save a View of your 3D Document in a View Map, just as any other view and select "settings" of that view to save specific scale you need...

Not sure this is what you are talking about.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your answer.

I've already done what you said, here is a screenshot of my 3D section. I want a scale of 1:100 for the section, and when I want to save my document as pdf, it's 6 time smaller, completely out of scale. I know a 3D document doesnt have a scale, but here what im doing is a 3D section, and a section has a scale.

Ive asked around me and people tell me "just do an axonometric section", or "scale it on psd"... but i imagine there must be a way ??
3D SECTION.png
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
A perspective view doesn't have a true scale. You could resize it for your cut elements to be roughly on scale, but it would not relate to the 'scale' you input for the drawing.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Alice wrote:
"scale it on psd"...
This is really one the best options for now.

If you want to keep it in ARCHICAD, I'd say "scale this 3D section in the layout". Let us know if you need help with layout scaling, but I think you got it.