BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

Some Stories Won't Print

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have had a completly bizarre situation turn up whereby we can't print some stories out of Archicad.
I thought this was somewhat related to skylights which were registering a not sitting in roof error, since when I threw them away you could print the roof story.
However, that wasn't entirely true, since I still can't print the first and second stories.
I can print the basement, roof, and other stories where we put schedules, but the first and second story, which contain most of the model parts, simply will not print. I don't get an error, it acts as if it is spooling it (and in fact, the print window says that it is being spooled) but then nothing actually happens from the printer.
I am currently trying to track it down by merging layer by layer into a clean plan to find what the offending thing is, I suspect it might be a door object but no real clues. I don't think it has to do with printing settings since I can print some parts of the plan, and the 3d window, and other plans are fine.

any idea of where I should look while I am troubleshooting, or why this might have occured?

Thanks!
Katie Bertsche
AC 8.1, Mac OSX.2, HPLaserjet 5100 printer
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
never mind, I found it!
It was a little block of non-standard text on a stair layer in an odd font that said "up"

cheers
Katie B.
Learn and get certified!