Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

TitleType->Title Won't Show Certain Characters

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't use an (@) sign or inch sign (") in a detail's title because PlotMaker substitutes an underscore (_) character in their place. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
6 REPLIES 6
Aussie John
Newcomer
Doesnt happen here ( maybe is a PC thing)
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Nope. Doesn't happen here either, maybe it's font thing?
Eduardo Rolon
Paper and Pencil working fine...

P.S.
It has been a long weekend
AND Puerto Rico kicked the Dream Teams butt in Athens
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Link wrote:
Nope. Doesn't happen here either, maybe it's font thing?
This now seems to be a random bug -- sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I can't find a reason why any of these change.
When these "weird" characters are inserted are you being consistent about the insertion? Windows fonts are pretty rag tag when it comes to standards. Different fonts can have different character mappings. If you open the Character Map tool, be sure you have the right font selected in the pick list up top. If you insert a character mapped for the "gimblegobble" font and try to insert that as Times New Roman, there are bound to be problems.

Hope this helps.

Aaron
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aaron wrote:
When these "weird" characters are inserted are you being consistent about the insertion? Windows fonts are pretty rag tag when it comes to standards.
We're using Arial Narrow on everything. We have old plots on which the characters appeared normal, but when we open PM they have been replaced by underscores. I haven't had time to experiment with it so I don't know where the inconsistency lies.

Still searching...