Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

amyuni PDF printer and architectural D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Print to PDF is a wonderful option. Much easier than plotting to a file and having to know what plotter you are using if sending to another for printing. I have two question though.

1. Are there any problems or discrepancies with printing from a PDF (such as correct scaling) vs. plt files?

2. Why is it that with the wealth of paper layouts available with the pdf printer there is no architectural "D" or custom in "inch"? I've created a custom layout using mm's (610 and 915). While this creates a file size of 24.01"x36.01" which is pretty darn close, it is not exact.
12 REPLIES 12
Pete
Newcomer
I just installed a driver for HP750c+ and then deleted and re-installed my Amyuni driver. Amyuni still offers the same list of page sizes with no Architectural sizes. Very frustrating.

Anyone else have any luck?
Pete Read
ArchiCAD 12; Artlantis Studio 2
MacBook Pro 2.4 Core2Duo, 2GB, OSX(10.5) and XPpro(SP3)
Pete
Newcomer
Thanks Simond36, I should have taken your instruction more literally.

I installed the XP supplied version of the HPGL2 plotter driver from the list and this time the Amyuni driver complied and provided the new sizes.

Apparently, it depends on which driver you use.
Pete Read
ArchiCAD 12; Artlantis Studio 2
MacBook Pro 2.4 Core2Duo, 2GB, OSX(10.5) and XPpro(SP3)
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
2. I've created a custom layout using mm's (610 and 915). While this creates a file size of 24.01"x36.01" which is pretty darn close, it is not exact.
It's because a 24x36 sheet is actually 609.6 x 914.4mm and Amyuni doesn't accept decimal points. See my post at http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=2961

Cheers,
Link.