Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

angle dimensioning

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having problems with my angle dimensions not staying put, and essentially getting corrupted. Did not have this problem in 12. I updated my computer system as a part of my upgrade to 13. Any ideas? Any way to make them static?

thanks in advance Cary
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Have you tried its setting? Ctrl+T and find static option in the dialog box. I think it's similar like other dimension.

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks Than, but there is no static dimension option in the settings dialog box.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cary wrote:
thanks Than, but there is no static dimension option in the settings dialog box.
There isn't a static option for angle measures, but you can explode them.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Cary wrote:
True, but once the Angle Dimension is placed, select just the text (there is a selection point at the lower left corner of the text), and then Control-T (Command-T on the Mac) and you will get a dialog box that will allow you to change the text from Measured Value to Custom Text (similar function to the Dimension Tool).

David
Angle-Text-custom.gif
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
When in doubt explode
True, but once the Angle Dimension is placed, select just the text (there is a selection point at the lower left corner of the text), and then Control-T (Command-T on the Mac) and you will get a dialog box that will allow you to change the text from Measured Value to Custom Text (similar function to the Dimension Tool).
I tried the custom text method, saved the project, reopen and text is gone and arc is corrupted into two lines emanating from project zero.This is the same corruption outcome utilizing the measured method.

thanks for the suggestions
Erika Epstein
Booster
I'm unable to replicate your problem. Have you tried reinstalling AC?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"