Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

change of panels' (curtain walls) ID

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

does anybody know how can I change automatically the ID of the panels in a curtain wall (as we can do it with ID manager), so. as that every panel of the curtain wall could have a single ID? The reason is that I would like to make a schedule with the IDs of the panels which (the IDs) I can use later as autotext in the labels in the facades. Thus, the result would be a facade with the panels' ID on it.

Thanks in advance,

Greg
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
If i understand correctly this is similar to what I have recently done where I have all panels of a certain type the same ID so that I could label them in elevation & schedule them.
To do this I edit the curtain wall in 3D and select the panels I want to edit (you can use find and select) and simply change the element ID, in my case CD01 - CD04.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Scott for your reply,

yes you got it correctly, I can definitely do what you are suggesting, but in my case I have about 300 panels to adapt and its about a dynamic process where things are changing constantly. So, I am looking for a solution where I could select all the panels and quickly change their ID...
Anonymous
Not applicable
In AC 22 I create panel classes for each type of panel that i want to use and label the panel class rather than panel ID of each panel, so if panel lass is changed label automatically changed.
On attached images I created a generic curtain wall 8 panels high x 17 wide all of the same panel class. I then labelled all the panels using 'label components of selected elements' using an autotext label 'panel class". Then I edited the curtain wall panels to the desired pattern and the labels automatically update to the new panel class. Really simple exercise that took less than 5min to create wall, label,and edit.

Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks again for your effort!

I am attaching my example (unfortunately in German... ). Its a complicated curtain wall made of Eternit panels.
I also used four panel classes for this curtain wall, as I need to use four different materials and I constructed the curtain wall manually. As long as the curtain wall has not a specific pattern I cannot use 300+ panel classes. That is why I need a different ID for every panel, I might add a couple of panels anytime depending on the design process, thus it is not feasible to adapt aproximately 300 IDs after every change.

Grigoris
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I think I understand now, I thought you wanted to have mulrypanels with the same ID but what you want is for each panel to have a unique ID.
Not at my computer at the moment (9:00pm here) but you should be able to edit the curtain wall, select all panels and to start I would give them the same ID eg P000 and then use element ID manager to set up to number all panels with increasing ID no.
Scott
Anonymous
Not applicable
Exactly! This is the goal. I've tried it but it is impossible to edit the IDs of the panels through ID manager, even if its in floor plan, section, fassade or 3D window. There is no change afterwards! I don't why......
Secondly, as you can see at the attached images, for an unknown reason, the number of the selected panels differentiates from the number it appears in the "information elements".

Grigoris