Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

fresh trauma with dimension lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have built walls with composites, but of course want to dimension from the framing. When I try to do this, on the inside of the wall, I get no marker-change; it doesn't turn into a pencil w/ line or the lamda or anything. If I move to the Outside of the wall, I get the heavy lambda, but when I dimension it, I also get the wall thinckness recorded, which I don't want at all. When I go to delete just the wall thickness, the whole 9 yards disappears. There must be a better way! Thanks!

dimensioning confusion.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Check that in the defined composite that you have properly defined the core of the wall; then check that your dimension settings are set to dimension the core only of the wall. This way you can use the mercedes marker to select and dimension the wall.
Anonymous
Not applicable
both are selected, thanks. What I want is to selectively measure to the side of the framing wall that I want...is it always the case that the mercedes will only select the origin-line edge of the wall, and that I must try to delete the dimension I don't want?
Thanks--
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you are trying to dimension to only one side of the framing, then I believe that is correct. I usually dimension both sides and then come back and delete one side. I have noticed that when dimensioning with the mercedes cursor, that if I select an individual node, then I cannot go back to selecting with the mercedes.
Anonymous
Not applicable
okey doke.