cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

plotting to HP DesignJet 500

Anonymous
Not applicable
For the HP DJ 500, there is not an option in AC10's plot setup to plot to a 30" wide roll; if i use the 36" selection, then the top of the 30" sheet is cut off by about 3". so i used the 30/42 cut sheet size option in the plot setup; that worked good for the 30" dimension of the sheet (centered beautifully) BUT, the lasst approx 1" of the 42" sheet dimension get's cut off.

hello graphisoft > is it possible to provide the HP DJ 500 setup with a 30" roll option?

OR, is there something else that can be done to get it to plot properly to a 30" wide sheet and 42" long? other that buying 42" rolls?
3 REPLIES 3
Have you tried using the HP driver instead: use the Print Command to access system or OS level printer drivers such as the one supplied with your plotter as Plot simply invokes a Graphisoft supplied driver.

If this works, establish this as the method for printing. HP drivers for the 500 give different printable areas for virtually everything - including the same sheet sizes in portrait or landscape mode.

I found this very vexing when trying to set up office standards and titleblocks.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
aaron, that worked! i presume that one of the downsides is that all plotting (printing) can be done only via the layout organizer and this method can't take advantage of the publisher attributes?

another compromise.

jeff
Not at All,

Publisher can respond to either print or plot directives.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5