cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
GDL
About building parametric objects with GDL.

Complex poly object

JGoode
Expert

Hello,

I am trying to create an object which is essentially a 4 sided shape where the 4 corners can be moved which is simple enough on it's own. However there is also the requirement to have the option of adding a fillet or chamfer to each corner. Is this achievable without creating a different poly for every possibility? 

Thanks

ArchiCAD 23

Windows 10
20 REPLIES 20

Sorry, didn't have time to dive into subject. Yeah, i didn't check all possibilities... Originally i designed this object not for perpendicular sides. And because it involved trigonometry in calculations it got error when tangent=90 or -90 (rectangular or square) - totally myffault.

Tbh if you needed only rectangular shape it is redundant to use such object (useless calculations don't make pc faster).

Now i pretty sure it works as it should be, though I am not sure about 2 fitures (you can uncheck them) - on the next UI page or you can expand 1st page ( there is little button at top to place all info at once)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14KrPx4_Nyf6O7tN7fbYlwtVas-LktR5d/view?usp=drivesdk

AC 22, 24 | Win 10