General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

[Ad] We published a book on Archicad

stefan
Expert

As some of you may know, Ruben Van de Walle @B_E_A_T_  and myself wrote a book on Archicad for Packt publishing. It's about 600 pages and takes you from start to a level where you should feel confident in setting up a project, make the model, and prepare a set of publishable documents (drawings, sections, elevations, schedules and renderings).

As with any introductory book, there are a few things we couldn't cover: GDL programming, Teamwork and IFC export/import to name but a few. Which would give us plenty of topics to handle in a second book.

We believe we did a good job, but we are biased, of course...

Take a look at the following link: 

A BIM Professional's Guide to Learning Archicad 

Any feedback or review would be appreciated.

COVER_mockup.JPG

--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
5 REPLIES 5

Thanks @stefan, bought it & arriving in June 7,

Wish you the best for the second part.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
Karl Ottenstein

Congratulations, Stefan!

For anyone considering what should be an excellent book from two very knowledgeable and long-time Archicad users... note that if you click on the book thumbnail in the linked Amazon page, you can preview the table of contents and selected pages.  I just noticed that the Kindle e-book preview shows more sample pages than the physical book preview, with many pages showing screenshots to give a better feeling for the complete book.

Note to USA users (or others using Imperial units - feet and inches - and where the ground floor is numbered 1).  While this book is in excellent English, it uses international metric units and with a ground floor numbered 0.  This should not be an impediment to learning and those are essentially the only differences from the USA version of Archicad.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
B_E_A_T_
Advocate

Thank you for the kind words, Karl! 

If anyone has any questions on the book for @stefan or myself, we would be more than happy to answer them!

(òÓ,)_\,,/

www.studiov2.be

Archicad 24/25/26
Rhino/Grasshopper
BIMcollab ZOOM

>>> Read my book!<<<
stefan
Expert

Now the book has been out for a few months, we can start looking at how it is being received. We hope that this book can be used to build upon, e.g. by updating it for newer Archicad releases or by expanding it to cover more features. Since the book is already quite heavy, that may require a second book.

Please inform us if you have feedback, praise, (constructive) criticism etc...

--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your passion towards the next part of the professional guide, i really liked those wonderful and so many (pro tips) I think that's the hidden power inside it as I've already Archicad reference guide's comprehensive content for tools.

39A07512-8784-412A-8442-FFEF809A0577.jpeg

I feel if you continue covering the missed topics in vol.1 as you mentioned here it'd be the best choice.

Again thank you both Stefan & Roben.

AC 27 INT 5003 - AC 26 INT 6019 ( For MEP Purposes )
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB