cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

Deploying Archicad on a virtual desktop platform for teaching purposes

Malpractice
Contributor

I am a lecturer at a Polytechnic in New Zealand and we have managed to provide ArchiCAD to the students using our on campus labs with a fair degree of success. By that I mean that the students are able to produce the outputs required for their level 5 courses in the form of developed design drawings and later documentation drawings. 

I am just interested to find out if there are any other colleagues out there whether in academia or industry who have attempted similar or are in fact actually running ArchiCAD virtually.

I know if you throw enough money at a problem you can typically solve it but being an educational institute our funds have limits so we developed our system using a lot of testing and discussion between AT tutors and IT colleagues. Its not perfect and student experience can be frustrating at times but that is more down to the Virtual system log in processes than ArchiCAD.  Just wondering if anyone else has tried the virtual approach and what problems they have encountered with ArchiCADs performance when run virtually.  If anyone has time to respond , it would be much appreciated. I did a search on this forum but did not manage to turn up anything of much relevance and what I did locate was fairly old so just seeing if there are more up to date experiences out there. I am trying to write a research paper on this topic and happy to share when complete if anyone is interested.

0 REPLIES 0

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!