cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
General discussions
Posts about job ads, news about competitions, events, learning resources, research, etc.

performance compared to the ArchiCAD version from 22-27

Antoni
Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I'm reaching out to seek some advice and insights regarding a performance issue we're experiencing with Archicad. Our team has been working on a project for some time now, and we've noticed a significant slowdown in performance, particularly in Archicad versions 22 and 23.

We initially thought the problem might be due to our hardware, so we tested the project on different, more powerful computers. However, there was no noticeable improvement in performance. Surprisingly, when we opened the same project in the Archicad 26 demo version, it ran much smoother.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Are there any known limitations in Archicad versions 22 and 23 that could be causing these performance issues, which might not be resolved by simply upgrading hardware? 
  2. Can anyone confirm that each new version of Archicad, including versions 24, 25, and 26, has brought performance improvements regardless of the hardware used?

We have tested a file on intel I7 4790 32gb ddr3, Ryzen 3900x 64gb ddr4, and 13950hx with 32 GB ddr5. 
    Our file weight about 1,5 GB which is caused probably by a large number of saved views, sheets and apartment cards and also linked DWG file and Hotlinks. 

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We're trying to determine the best course of action to improve our workflow efficiency.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

0 REPLIES 0