cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

BIMmTool for Archicad 28 Collaborate or SSA + Forward & Technology Preview

Illes Papp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Dear Technology Preview Members,

We’re pleased to announce a new collaboration with BIMm Solutions GmbH. Following the release of Archicad 28, users with an SSA + Forward or an Archicad Collaborate Subscription will be able to access BIMmTool Lite, a comprehensive Point Cloud Handling Feature Set, as part of their subscription.

Key features include:

• New point cloud import
  • Support for various point cloud formats
  • Scalable resolution with preset options
  • Ability to import large unstructured point clouds, including preview and story splitting function
  • Point cloud switching functionality
  • Distance-dependent resolution
  • BIMmNavigator
  • IVION point clouds

These features enhance productivity, streamline project management, and facilitate seamless collaboration across teams.

Additionally, as Technology Preview users, you can test even more advanced features with the BIMmTool Pro version. BIMm Tool Pro includes model-to-point cloud comparison as well as the Scan 2 BIM function, which transforms drawn details into BIM elements. The Pro Feature Set is available with the Technology Preview until October 25. After the official release of Archicad 28, it will be available for separate purchase directly from BIMm Solutions GmbH.

During the Technology Preview, the BIMmTool Pro version will be available in English, German, French, Italian, Japanese, and Polish. After the release of Archicad 28, both the BIMmTool Lite and Pro versions will be available in all Archicad-supported languages.

We invite you to download and test the add-on, available through the following link:

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024 - Graphisoft Community

For further details and guidance, refer to the online BIMmTool add-on Knowledge Base:

https://kb.bimm-solutions.com/books/bimmtool-operation-manual

Please download the add-on and share feedback! Should you have any questions or require further information, please do not hesitate to comment or post in this thread.

Illés Papp
GRAPHISOFT Senior Product Manager
32 REPLIES 32
torben_wadlinger
Virtuoso

Did anyone manage to get the email-verification working? I press on send email - but there is no email. The link to the manual is not very helpfull. And why do we have to register anyway? Why is this not linked to our GSID?

runxel
Legend

Made an account but I can not login in Archicad.

I have access to the TP tho – at least that's what it says online.

runxel_1-1725640324460.png

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
torben_wadlinger
Virtuoso

Thank God, it’s not on me. That’s exactly how far I came. After trying to log in, there was a third question to enter a number. But what number? Then I tried to create a new account but never received the verification email.

I know, that’s not on Graphisoft. But did no one tried this in advance? 

@torben_wadlinger & @runxel the license process worked fine for me and quite quick.

Once I signed up on the website I got a few emails ie. with links to confirm the account, then one to activate the license, then one with a code.

After getting the email with the code you can go to the "Licensing" button on the BIMmTool menu in Archicad 28 TP and log in with your account details.

The rest of the menu items showed live about 1 to 2 minutes later, a bit long, but I guess it might be dependent on my connection.

I was not familiar with this process before now and yes, it did feel long & like going up-&-down between emails, website & Archicad to get to the end, but each step kind of made sense.

I hope you manage to also get going. Now the learning starts... hoping to get through this between work, before October launch.

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course

Good for you. I didn't got any email beyond the initial "acount confirmation" email.

The issue persists. I can not login in Archicad to BimmTool. Online works fine.

Heck, I can not even get the account to reset! I tried the "reset password" a couple of times with no luck.

Something's really broken and it needs to get fixed asap.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text | My List of AC shortcomings & bugs | I Will Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again |

POSIWID – The Purpose Of a System Is What It Does /// «Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
torben_wadlinger
Virtuoso

OK, tried it with my private email, too. Same result: no validation-email. And no support address at bimm-tools to get help. That sucks! 

torben_wadlinger
Virtuoso

At last, I found a contact-button! I opened the BIMm-Tool Palette and at the bottom there is a contact-button. After pressing, I was routed to

https://bimm-solutions.atlassian.net where I had to create an other account (sigh!) and then there was the bug-tracker-system where I wrote a bug-report!

OK, this is beta (or what ever GS will call it) - so GS/BIMm-Solution has to do some overhauling of the entiry process! There are definitely too many registrations necessary.

@torben_wadlinger & @runxel ok noted, that's a bummer 😬 super annoying.
Then it's best to email them at info@bimm-solutions.com

@Illes Papp it will be really helpful if you can get the BIMm team to join this thread to support us with resolving issues and get our feedback in this test period?

Regards
Francois Swanepoel
Everything happens in Archicad since v6.5 (2000) ‌
Hiking, Motorbiking, Good food, Gr8! Beer & excellent conversation 😉
#MadeByDyslexia is my unfair advantage – expect curious ideas, creative big thinking & small typos.
<> www.fusionBIM.co.za <> www.Scirrus.co <> www.BIM2fusedVR.com <> (new) Anatomy of Archicad Course
Illes Papp
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

The BIMm team is already investigating the issue, experienced and reported here by @runxel and @torben_wadlinger. Thank you for letting us know.

I will come back with the solution once we have got it.

Illés Papp

There is also an updated manual and tutorials planned to be available when the final release officially rolls out.

Illés Papp

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!