Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Deeper connection of keynotes with Archicad elements

SSharma
Booster

Keynnotes tool is an excellent enhancement to archicad's power. It has improved the documentation capability in a very flexible manner. However, kindly try to take the following points in consideration:

• It would be great if somehow its integration with elements at a parametric level is ensured.
  • For example, it will be helpful if a quantifiable schedule (instead of just the legends) can be achieved against the keynote items.
  • Also, since the whole method of placing the keynote is manual, it increases the chances of manual error (while, obviously providing a great amount of flexibility) in the documentation process.
  • The above desires can be fulfilled by using properties named keynote, keynote description etc., and assigning these properties to elements through some filtration possibility through classification. But, creation of a database for properties is not feasible right now (at least, not in a user-friendly manner).
MacBook Pro M1 Max
macOS 14.5
2 REPLIES 2
Franz und Sue ZT
Contributor

Hi @SSharma ,

I agree with you.

It would be great to have the possibility to link keynotes to specific Materials / Surfaces / Composites Structures and to be able to show them with some kind of Label in any plan without havig to select the right Keynote every time, simpli ... show linked Keynote, or to list the keynotes related to the Composites listed in an Schedule.

If this would be possible at an Objekt Level (scheduling od Keynotes linked to abjects) would be even better ... but Linking to attributes would be a good start.

In the Keynote Window should be visible with which Attributes or Objects a Keynote is linked (as it happens with the revisions).

In case you are interested, I already wrote in the forum asking for extra features for the Labeling of Keynotes.
https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Technology-Preview/Keynotes-Labeling-Improvements/m-p...

In case you are interested, I already wrote in the forum asking for extra features for the Labeling of Keynotes.
https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Graphisoft-Technology-Preview/Keynotes-Labeling-Improvements/m-p...

Yes, I have gone through your post and fully agree. In my opinion, keynotes are one of the most important things to carry things forward in BIM manner. And, I really appreciate the depth of your expectations. Hope that we are understood, and our ideas get considered in making this tool mature enough.

MacBook Pro M1 Max
macOS 14.5

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!