Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024
SOLVED!

Missing default favorites curtain wall

iggiv
Enthusiast

Team,

I am currently watching a tutorial on creating a new curtain wall from scratch and would like to use some of the default frame settings. However, when I check the favorites, the list is empty, and I have already deleted AC27.

I also opened a new file using the AC28 template, but the favorites are still empty. Is there a way to download these favorites without reinstalling AC27?

Thank you!

Screenshot 2024-09-06 at 10.59.35 AM.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
iggiv
Enthusiast

Barry,

Thank you for your comments.

I decided to create my template from scratch using AC28. It was tedious work and took me all day, involving many imports and adjustments, but things were working fine.

After hours of work, I was happy to see that the error when opening a document and loading libraries from CI Tools, where finally gone.

However, when I started working with the "Curtain Wall", I was disappointed to see that I still didn’t have any favorites. After some investigation, I realized that the favorites were actually stored in a folder and the issue was simply that I needed to import them into my favorites.

Conclusion:

My old template has been in use for years, and I’ve modified it every year. Rebuilding from scratch has given me a fresh start, and I hope this new template will last me several more years before needing to be redone. I am closing this ticket since all issues seam to be solved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

Do you have a file you created using the 27template?

If so that should have the favourites in it.

Also there is no need to delete older versions of Archicad unless you are desperate for disc space.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Barry,

Thank you for your response.

I was experimenting with the curtain wall feature, and I found it even more useful for 3D faces than before.

My template was updated from AC27 rather than being built from scratch, so the favorites are not present. However, when I open a new template using AC28, I can see the favorites.

What would you suggest I do? Should I rebuild a new AC28 template and import all the attributes, schedules, etc.? As I mentioned, I’m just experimenting at the moment, and I was waiting for the final release to avoid rebuilding the template. Do you think this will solve the issue?

Solution
iggiv
Enthusiast

Barry,

Thank you for your comments.

I decided to create my template from scratch using AC28. It was tedious work and took me all day, involving many imports and adjustments, but things were working fine.

After hours of work, I was happy to see that the error when opening a document and loading libraries from CI Tools, where finally gone.

However, when I started working with the "Curtain Wall", I was disappointed to see that I still didn’t have any favorites. After some investigation, I realized that the favorites were actually stored in a folder and the issue was simply that I needed to import them into my favorites.

Conclusion:

My old template has been in use for years, and I’ve modified it every year. Rebuilding from scratch has given me a fresh start, and I hope this new template will last me several more years before needing to be redone. I am closing this ticket since all issues seam to be solved.

@iggiv wrote:

What would you suggest I do? Should I rebuild a new AC28 template and import all the attributes, schedules, etc.?

Objects from earlier versions will not migrate to 28 and neither will object based favourites (they will still try to use the old version objects).

So when it comes to a 28 template, you can open your old 27 template and save in 28.

But you will need to swap to the new 28 global library packs, find and replace any old (missing) objects you may have in your template, and edit any object favourites so they now work with the 28 objects.

If you didn't have any favourites set up, the they won't be a problem.

You can import the favourites from the 28 template.

Or start again with the 28 template and customise it to how you want.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
iggiv
Enthusiast

Thank you again! Yes, I understand that. I spent about three days working on the AC28 Global Library transitions. It was a lot of work because many years ago, I made the mistake of renumbering and renaming all the attributes for my personal use. While I’m not disappointed, the renumbering did cause a big mess. As a result, I had to create a large “Favorite” to ensure the attributes were displayed correctly.

During this process, I didn’t have any “Curtain Wall” elements, so when I opened AC28, I didn’t realize I needed to import them from a new AC28 project.

That said, I’m not disappointed about spending the time to create a fresh AC28 template. I’m confident it resolved some other lingering issues as well. Today I have a template that isn't required of the migration libraries from now forward.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!