Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024
SOLVED!

Not able to save CURTAINWALL elements outside the embedded library

iggiv
Advocate

Team,

I am continuing to explore AC28 TPP and have encountered an issue that requires a workaround to function properly.

I am creating a custom Curtain Wall Panel, but when saving the panel as a library part, there is no option to save it outside of the embedded library. I have to export it manually and then delete the embedded version.

Please let me know if there’s a more efficient solution or if this is a known issue.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 12.08.34 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly

I can't say I have ever noticed this, and I am not sure why it is so.

Actual objects can be saved anywhere, but custom components can only be saved in the Embedded Library.

Maybe it is to do with the list of custom components that is generated by Archicad scanning the loaded libraries for 'custom components' when the library is loaded or re-loaded.

Without that list (which is in a macro object in the loaded library, your custom objects will not work.

Why it does not allow you to place it in and already loaded library, I am not sure.

So unfortunately yes, you must export them from your Embedded Library to our office library.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Barry Kelly

I can't say I have ever noticed this, and I am not sure why it is so.

Actual objects can be saved anywhere, but custom components can only be saved in the Embedded Library.

Maybe it is to do with the list of custom components that is generated by Archicad scanning the loaded libraries for 'custom components' when the library is loaded or re-loaded.

Without that list (which is in a macro object in the loaded library, your custom objects will not work.

Why it does not allow you to place it in and already loaded library, I am not sure.

So unfortunately yes, you must export them from your Embedded Library to our office library.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Jman
Enthusiast

I am guessing, you are making custom object by modelling it with tools and when selected saving as object / curtain wall panel or something else. 

Custom object / components are not parametric and you can't change individual elements they are build from, only general material and general sizes. The idea of custom object is to keep original model for future auditing / changes if you need to change something in the future and save again back as custom object, this process will not change this object in archive files but only in file with embedded object, so you archive files saved as .pln are save from changes.

If you would like to save this object for your projects in future than you should modify it and add parameters in GDL like; materials, element sizes, fixed and flexible. 

If you don't want to use GDL than make Custom_Objects.pln  file,  with all your custom object models. When you require changes in object make them in the model and save as modified object and cope to file where is needed.

Always use simplest tools to make your objects like slabs, roofs for 3D and fills and hotspots for 2d.

Morph is easy to model anything if you require complicated shapes but becoming impossible to manage in GDL, plus objects are much bigger.

user since A3

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!