2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

Request for new Model View Option tag

iggiv
Booster

Dear team,

Back in a few versions of Archicad, somewhere between AC20 and AC22, I made the decision to change and attributes for the material, fill, surface names, and code numbers. I am still happy with the results, which have been customized to my needs, but not without having problems every time I use a new library part.

There are a couple of ways to solve the problem, such as overwrites or, what I use, creating favorites.

I think a nice request would be to have a setting to overwrite the original settings for library parts within the “Model View Options,” where a new tag could control the default values for the settings on TEXT, FILL, SURFACE, and MATERIAL. This would easily set their parameters for further use without having to adjust them in the settings tool windows.

2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

When you are creating a template, you should make sure that it uses the default attributes of the library you are using.

That advice might be a little late now, unless you want to modify your template again.

Having said that, with the new Global Library in 28, the library packs can be programmed to work with various templates and different attributes.

I am yet to delve into how it is done and hopefully some time soon there will be an easy to use tool to help us to do this.

Currently I believe it involves manually editing files with the use of Python and/or JSON.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
iggiv
Booster

Barry,

Thank you for your quick response.

I will wait for the final version and your tips on how to use the Global Library in 28. I have created a favorite file with all of the parts I commonly use, along with their respective settings and appearances, including classifications. I enjoy using the Doors and Windows from the CI D&W tools but like to come back to Archicad D&W Tools.

I had to build Doors and Windows for each element, but when I wanted to add a new one, I had to change everything to get it to look the way I liked. I am looking forward to your tips.

Again thank you for your assistance. Best regards,

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!