cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

The case of three beams.

Robert Horvath
Booster

If we want to use the SAF workflow, we need to model the carpentry structure with a beam tool.
A frequent connection will generate a completely meaningless collapse.
As long as only two beams meet it is fine.

It would be best if RoofMaker could build the carpentry from column/beam elements.

RobertHorvath_0-1722024343825.png

4.1 - - -
22 REPLIES 22
brucestar
Contributor

So frustrating you could be there for ages trying to reconcile things like this. I usually cut them a bit short so the won't intersect and create this ugly thing. Surely the developers know about this because this was an issue over a decade(sl ago.

Hello: yes it is annoying, however, that can be solved by reducing the order of the joints in the configuration to one of the beams

Takis
Expert

I encounter the same issues with the SAF file, particularly when exporting trusses for structural design. The SAF file cannot be generated due to joint-related problems. Graphisoft should implement a more straightforward solution to address this issue, rather than relying on complex workarounds that ultimately fail to meet user needs. While I doubt there will be any immediate changes, I believe the problem will be resolved once Graphisoft fully integrates a steel connections tool into the SAF file functionality. Until then, we are left to handle these tasks manually.

Hi!

This does not work.
Otherwise, in a carpentry workshop, there are a million connections to clean up.

4.1 - - -

There’s an integration between Allplan & Mitek Pamir for wood design & construction software, why Archicad doesn’t integrate and make partnerships like Allplan?

https://www.allplan.com/press-reports/press-report/allplan-and-mitek-enter-into-strategic-partnershi...

AC 27 INT 5060/WIN 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics 3.20 GHz 16.0 GB
Jman
Enthusiast

Put rafters to Layer Rafters and beams to layer Beams and make sure Layer Rafters have priority 2 and beams 1 

They will never do the funny connection again

Rafters&Beams.png

user since A3

Separate layers with different intersection group numbers does work.

But if you want the bottom of the rafters to trim over the ridge beam, you will have to do a Solid Element operation.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
ispyridis
Booster

Roofs made by roofmaker can be cleared with seo. Then export a .obj file and analyse in altar simsolid. There you define materials of elements and the software finds touch surfaces automatically. This would the best approach inside archicad. A mesh free method inside Archicad would absolutely unify architecture and structural analysis and design. 

Dell Precision 64GB RAM NVidia A5500, Wacom Mobile Studio 16 AC12-28, WIN
torben_wadlinger
Virtuoso

Beams are driving me crazy! This intersection automation is horrible when you have to deal with complex beam structures. Layer group numbers are not really a solution, because this leads to more layers with different group numbers only for beams - and a lot of layer management.

the better way would be a beam management inside the element - or sketchup-style groups.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!