cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Graphisoft Technology Preview Program 2024

WISH: Expand Favorites functionality to include groups of elements as a favorite cluster.

jStrada
Participant

I am proposing an expansion of the Favorites functionality to include groups of elements as a "favorite cluster." This would allow users to save and quickly access predefined sets of elements that are frequently used together.

Example of a favorites cluster would be:

1. Our Office Standard layout for bar table with bar stools
  2. A combination of 2D linework, text, or hotspots with 3D objects to encode visual building code information
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly

If you don't want to edit them (i.e. will always be the same arrangement), you could save a selection as an object and then just place that one object.

If you do need to edit it, then save as a module (.MOD file).

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

The cluster would be an editable arrangement. Yes the mods exist however performance wise they can bog down in a file and you have to know where to find them leading to a discoverability issue. Using a cluster that can be previewed natively in 2D and 3D within the favorites pallet and the ease of pulling an instance of it into project, would make it simple to create standard arrangements and reduce the number of pallets you would have to have open.

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!