cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

1920x1080 OR 1920x1200?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I'm looking for a monitor to use as a dual setup along with my 17" Macbook Pro. I have stumbled upon a debate wether to go with the 1920x1080 monitor or 1920x1200 monitor. The 1920x1080 is a lot cheaper than the other one but I hear from a few people that this resolution isn't as practical because it does not have a high enough vertical value (i.e too letterbox like)

I wanted to see what other CAD users thought of this view because the reasons I'm getting a external monitor is soley for the use of ArchiCAD. Being as I'm a student I obviously want the cheapest option (by cheap I mean lower price, not poor quality) and so I have found a few very,very good Samsung monitor for £170 for a 24" 1920x1080. The lowest price I have seen a 1920x1200 monitor is £270, again with a Samsung.

I value any input regarding this, as I'm sure a lot of people on here also have a similar setup as me or have too faced this scenario.

Thank You
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika wrote:
The discounts the Universities here offer is on new items, not used (all though they may also do that).
Nope, we don't get any of that unfortunatley. Apple is the only company I can get student discount from in electronics and software.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's one I've found, a Samsung Monitor:
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/pc-peripherals/monitors/design/LS24TWHSUV/EN/index.idx?pagetype=p...
But it only has a contract ratio of 2000:1 whereas most other have 5000:1 (although the native is 10000:1?)