Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

3d lag with dock/hub

Fristadm
Participant

Seeing what other people are using. Right now I'm on a MacBook Pro M1 running Ventura 13.3.1. AC 25 Build 6005. Running 2 monitors and the laptop screen. If I have a hub plugged in to give me a hardline and USBs I get horrible lag in 3D have to switch to a different window to get out of fly mode. 2d works fine from what I can tell. If I unplug the hub 3D works fine just loose my mouse, usb backup and the hardline. Anyone using a hub and not having issues?

ArchiCAD 25.6005
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein

I'm using an OWC Thunderbolt hub / docking station with monitors plugged into USB C ports, Time Machine drives in USB A ports, etc,  and have no issues with any lagging.

(Lest it seem like a full-hearted recommendation of this hub: we did have an issue with hub ports ceasing to function that seemed related to the hub getting hot when providing power to the laptop and got around that by using the normal Apple power adapter. Haven't reproduced consistently to contact OWC tech support yet though.)

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

I was given the OWC travel dock so maybe that is the issue. I will get a hold of the gentleman that does the IT for the office and see if he has a thunderbolt dock on hand and see if that fixes the issue

ArchiCAD 25.6005
JeffH
Enthusiast

I'm using a thunderbolt as well and kept getting the thunderbolt icon to pop up while in 3d, and it was causing some crazy amounts of lag.

I plugged my laptop ac Power cord in as well as the thunderbolt cord for the monitors / Mouse/ Keyboard, and the lag has completely vanished.

In 3D, I believe my laptop was trying to pull more power than the thunderbolt cord/port was able to handle.  I'm not sure if a Mac would have these same issues though.

AC24 / AC26
Win10

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!