Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 24 Work Environment not playing ball

fuzzytnth3
Booster
I am trying to set up a Work Environment in ArchiCAD 24 that is similar to what I had done for ArchiCAD 23

However I am finding it next to impossible to place and dock toolbars where I want them to go and preferably to have no gaps as well but AC24 the toolbars just jump to where ever they want to go, see movie attached.

Any ideas how to get ArchiCAD 24 to play nice?

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZgz15XZzzp5FyEEaIm3pe701gAUT84KWNFk
AC versions 3.41 to 25 (UKI Full 5005).
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
13 REPLIES 13
fuzzytnth3
Booster
I found a way round the problem. I imported the old AC23 one I had and mad a couple of replacements to commands that no longer exist.

I hope this gets fixed for future updates though as having to use an older version of ArchiCAD to create a work enviro is daft and defo not progress!
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Mac OSX 10.15.7 (19G2021) Mac Pro-2013 32gbRam AMD FirePro D500 3072 MB graphics
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

Thank you for the report and I am very sorry about the issue!

This seems to be a very rare one. In the past, we used to have a somewhat similar issue with AC21 and macOS 10.11/10.12. I would like to confirm if you are using macOS 10.14.6? I don't whether holding Ctrl when dragging and snapping the palette helps with the issue? Can the issue be replicated after importing Work Environment from AC23?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

fuzzytnth3
Booster
Hi thanks for replying.

The operating system I am on is Mac OSX 10.15.6 (19G2021)

With the imported ArchiCAD 23 Work Enviro, it imports and positions everything as it did in ArchiCAD 23 but if I try to edit it, it messes up again.

I also tried moving things and holding down the Ctrl key but it had no effect.

Thanks
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you very much for the quick reply!

If that is the case, I'm wondering if you could reproduce the issue once more, fully close Archicad and collect the FastLoggers (https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/63116/). It would be great if you could share the System information as well (https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/95408/). Please let me know if you need a secure place to upload the files.

One more thing, is there any external display connected to the machine?
Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

fuzzytnth3
Booster
Hi sorry for the delay actual Work got in the way

Below is link to download my System info plus the Fastlogger file that was created while I tried to adjust the palettes on the toolbar. Hope that helps

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZMCVJXZ1nlVkvTpMmH9lHVehUges8wof2LX
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
fuzzytnth3 wrote:
Hi sorry for the delay actual Work got in the way

Below is link to download my System info plus the Fastlogger file that was created while I tried to adjust the palettes on the toolbar. Hope that helps

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZMCVJXZ1nlVkvTpMmH9lHVehUges8wof2LX
Hello,

Thank you very much!
I got the files already. Let me have our colleagues in the Technical Support team to look into this. Let's hope that the FastLogger contains the necessary information about the issue!

In the meantime, I'm wondering if you can export the problematic Work Environment and share it with us for in-house testing?

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

fuzzytnth3
Booster
Hi

I have uploaded into the same folder the two Work Environments. The one that works which is an adjusted ArchiCAD 23 one and a Work Envrio that doesn't work
Using AC25 5005 UKI FULL
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Thank you very much! I got the file now. Our colleague is investigating the case. Once we have a conclusion, I will let you know!

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Unfortunately, the logs did not help to reveal what went wrong with the palette docking process. Our developer can only see that the AMA Work Environment is used in the Archicad, but there is no information about the toolbar palette docking. Our colleagues and our developers were unable to replicate the issue with the given Work Environment also

As I can see that Archicad window is maximized when moving the palette. I'm wondering with a smaller window or with entering Full-Screen, does it help with the issue?

Is there anything special about your hardware setup? We can see from the file, that your machine only has 8GB, which is the minimum requirement to run Archicad. But still, this should not cause such issue like this.

Please let me know if you notice any further details. Thank you very much and I am very sorry for the inconvenience!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT