Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC 9 won't run under Administrator

Anonymous
Not applicable
For years I have been logging into Administrator and running Archicad, most recently AC 9.

For the past 3 days, I cannot open PLN files under AC 9 when logged into Administrator. I have a temporary fix as described below, but still cannot run AC 9 under administrator.

When logged into Administrator, I start AC 9. The PLN file starts to open, loads its various libraries, and then just before going to the normal screen for doing work, the PLN file crashes. I have sent the file to the local tech rep and also to HQ and they can open the file on their computers.

I have deleted preferences, cache, temp files, etc and nothing seems to work.

When I log into any other user than Administrator, I can open and run AC 9 without a problem, so far.

No new programs have been added that could cause the problem. I am running Windows with the latest AC updates.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Grant
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
The issue is resolved, but may affect other users.

I am using a GEForce FX 5600 by NVIDIA video card. After installing the latest AC upgrade 2219 I started experiencing severe AC issues relating to opening files, and when I was able to open them, I could not render using OPENGL.

When I reinstalled AC from the CD (original version), I would run AC without any issues. However, when I installed the update 2219 I had issues opening the PLN files and also rendering them.

It appears that if I turn off the Nvidia desktop manager, AC runs fine, I can open PLN files and render them in 3D using OPENGL.

If I turn on the Nvidia desktop manager, the PLN crashes every time.

This can be reproduced every time.

For anyone experiencing problems either opening their PLN files, or rendering using OPENGL, try turning off the desktop manager and see if that fixes the problem.

Grant
The Desktop Manager has been known to give grief to ArchiCAD users - even with previous ArchiCAD Builds.

Avoid it if at all possible.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5030 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.5