Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC12 : Error "Hide ArchiCAD" on OSX 10.5.4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hide button in Finder does not work properly.
First attempts without succes. Finally ArchiCAD disappears (yes!) but can't be activated again :

- ArchiCAD file is still in dock / no access
- stop button doesn't work
- no force quit available

Any ideas?

Afbeelding 1.png
16 REPLIES 16
SeaGeoff
Ace
I’m only running ArchiCAD 11 at the moment. But Joeri’s description matches mine, so it’s not a PPC issue.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Joeri, you are seeing these Finder issues with 12?
I'm on OS 10.5.5 (Intel).
Issue 1 and 2 with AC10 or AC11 : frequently, with AC12 : rarely, but it happens.
Issue 3 with AC10 : not seen yet, with AC11 : regular, with AC 12 : once a week...?
Erich
Booster
I notice that all the folks that have this issue are on Mac OSX 10.5X (I think). As I have never experienced it myself, I am wondering if this is related to running Leopard.

Just a thought.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Anonymous
Not applicable
Certainly Leopard!
The same applies to the ATI graphic display issues. No problem at all with OS 10.4.(9).
If you don't feel the need, please do not upgrade. I (have to / want to) stick with Leopard only because of the Time Machine implementation...
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Erich wrote:
I notice that all the folks that have this issue are on Mac OSX 10.5X (I think). As I have never experienced it myself, I am wondering if this is related to running Leopard.
No, I've had this problem for several versions of both ArchiCAD and the Mac OS. The same problem crops in several other threads, including a related problem with Spaces. It only happens with ArchiCAD, so I assume this is something GS need to address.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
SeaGeoff
Ace
Ralph wrote:
It only happens with ArchiCAD, so I assume this is something GS need to address.
Agreed.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Barbara Sommer
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
We have been able to reproduce this problem at Graphisoft Tech. Supp. several times using "Spaces" while working with ArchiCAD. But unfortunately we could not find any clear method/steps yet to replicate the problem constantly. This is a bug that needs to fixed as soon as possible and since many of you have had similar issues we would be glad if somebody found a way how to 100% and constantly get this bug alive.

We would like to reward the first user who can provide us with these steps with a Graphisoft T-Shirt.
Barbara Sommer
Technical Support Team
Graphisoft
Budapest, Hungary
archicadwiki - the ArchiCAD knowledge base