cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

AC13 Crash on exit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Archicad 13 crashes on the normal exit command. The latest crash on exit left the lock file in the directory. This is the latest of many crashes. With previous crashes I had to reinstall AC13 as it said my .prf file was corrupt but it was not even in my User Documents and Settings directory. I had to uninstall and reinstall to get up and running. Repair did not work either. Any thoughts anyone
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
What hardware, network (if any), other software running, etc?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm running on XP and stand alone. Generally no other software running except Outlook and CA Internet security. Machine is a coppled together system with 2.40 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo 64 kilobyte primary memory cache 4096 kilobyte secondary memory cache 8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache. Board: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO.,LTD MS-7238 110 Bus Clock: 267 megahertz BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. V1.3 01/05/2007. NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS BenQ FP222W [Monitor] (22.0"vis, November 2006)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Assuming you mean 8GB RAM (not 8192 KB aka 8MB). The cobbled together part stands out as a prime suspect. Do you have access to another machine to open the same file(s)?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I appreciate your assistance Matthew

1394 Net Adapter using Netgear DG834G ADSL wireless Modem

Before loading the commercial copy I was running an Education version of R13 without any difficulty to do UNI work.

The memory is 4GB but Belarc does not report that.
I have run Archicad 13 on a laptop seemingly without problems but have been trying to get the destop stable

I'll do a good session on the laptop to test .
dennis
Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem solved by updating the Graphics card driver

Thanks all for your help including Tony Krepler of Graphisoft