Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCAD BIM experience kit

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone on the forum. Ok so i've just been introduced to archicad via my hnd construction course and i've got 12 weeks to get to know the functions and design my own project. So i decided i would start but playing around with the tutorials. I started doing the BIM experience kit one and i'm on chapter one so far because as it taught me how to pan the map using the scroll button on my mouse it restarts my computer and i don't know why i'm using a microsoft wireless multimedia keyboard with wireless optical mouse and the default setting for the scroll button when clicked in was Instant Viewer which makes all the windows i have open smaller so its easier to click through them. I changed it to auto scroll so i could use the pan function and thats when i came across this restarting problem. Any help is much appreciated. Also my computer doesn't restart when i click the scroll button on my desktop or any other program only when i'm on archicad
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
hello again well i found out that it seems to be when i'm in 3d visual mode that it does this aswell so when i try and pan view in 3d mode it restarts then it comes up with some windows error saying something like windows has just recovered from a serious error. Anyone can shed any light on this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the lack of answer is because nobody's had this problem or, if they have it has probably been mentioned on the forum before and a search would verify.

I'd suggest, if you have in your mouse settings an 'application specific' setting, choose ArchiCAD, and for 'middle button' click 'disable'. This should let the programme override whatever the mouse software thinks it should be doing.

If that doesn't work - then maybe you need to buy a cheap scroll-wheel wired mouse for the time being just so you can get on with stuff till you find the solution.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply ill try this.