Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD25 bug on Monterey

VladGoo
Contributor

Hello,

my ArchiCAD25 give me a bug when I exit from a project workspace since I installed new version, MacOS Monterey. Have you any idea when will come a update for Archicad who solve this problem or if it's ok to use the program in this condition? 

Best regards VT

46 REPLIES 46

I have not had a single crash of AC25 4013 on macOS 12.0.1.

Certified Passive House Designer
ArchiCAD 26 (started with v4)
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), Apple M1 Max, 64 GB, 32-core graphics
Sinisa Lazarevic
Contributor

AC25 4013 stable on my M1 MacBook Pro 2020. No crashes, usual wide open and save as display issue as before only thing that freezes and requires force quit is trying to switch to Redshift renderer option. Could be something to do with how Australian version is licensed to allow that option to work, none the less if licence is the issue warning message would be better than outright freeze.

Phil_Allsopp
Participant

I too am having problems even installing the Direct Link.  All I get from the Twinmotion web site's Datasmith page are three bundle files for AC 23, 24 and 25 - but no installer.  So right now Twinmotion is unavailable to me

AC25 4013 USA FULL

macOS Monterey 12.0.1

iMac Pro (2017)

64GB 2666 Mhz DDR4,

3.2 GHz Intel Xeon W,

Radeon Pro Vega 64 16GB

I'm running macOS Monterey 12.0.1

Hi Phil,

Actually due to changes to Twinmotion export tool flagged about six months ago using Twinmotion has changed with Datasmith exporter. Twinmotion works fine foe me using their installation method described on their site ie copying the bundles provided into import/export folder of each AC version. However for older projects you would have to install previous Twinmotion direct link tool for AC24 from their archived section. I have installed that  package and it works as it did before. Link and screenshot of archived version below. Hope it helps. Keep in mind to read up on installation method and use of new exporter for new projects going forward.

https://www.twinmotion.com/plugins/Archicad

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 06.36.34.png

Same experience here. Much faster than my MacIntel 2019. 

Certified Passive House Designer
ArchiCAD 26 (started with v4)
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), Apple M1 Max, 64 GB, 32-core graphics

Hello Nguyễn,

I have been using Archicad 25 on my M1 Max 16" MacBook Pro and I can say that performance gains are really visible and excellent. It runs very smooth like a desktop on my MacBook Pro. Graphically and Speed wise the gains are phenomenal.

However, I am facing very annoying issue with macOS Monterey. I have installed update 2 of Archicad 25. The problem is I cannot resize the open and save dialogue box. I can increase the width of the dialogue box. But once the width of the dialogue box is increased, it is impossible to decrease it back. In such case, using open and save dialogue box have become very frustrating, as I had already increased the width of the dialogue boxes.

Pl. help, if there is any work around.

Thanks & with Regards,

Rikhav

@rikhav wrote:

The problem is I cannot resize the open and save dialogue box. I can increase the width of the dialogue box. But once the width of the dialogue box is increased, it is impossible to decrease it back. In such case, using open and save dialogue box have become very frustrating, as I had already increased the width of the dialogue boxes.

Pl. help, if there is any work around.

This is a known issue  that you can read about here ... https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/MacOS-12-Monterey/ta-p/309154

In the replies you will find some solutions.

But hopefully it will be fixed in the next update.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your guidance and help.

I have found the work arounds for the problem, from the link that you shared.

Regards,

Rikhav

I have a new MacBook Pro Max on order, due to arrive in late December/early January.  Obviously, that will be shipping with Monterey.  As a preparatory test, I am currently running Archicad 22 on a 2015 MacBook Pro and a 2018 MacBook Pro, both have Monterey 12.0.1 as the OS.  As stated by others in the thread, 22 runs fine with the exception of the "crash on close" and "overly-wide dialog box" issues.  I can live with that.

As a sole proprietor of residential projects, I really did not have a compelling reason to upgrade to 23, 24, or 25.  (This is actually the first time since release 8 that I have not succumbed to the annual subscription upgrade pressure, which is a bit refreshing.)

Hopefully, by release 26, Archicad with take advantage of the performance of the new apple silicon...

ArchiCAD since 8.0, currently on 22, waiting on 26, maybe...

@jfaugustine wrote:

Hopefully, by release 26, Archicad with take advantage of the performance of the new apple silicon...

Here is what a GS article says about this:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Setup-License-articles/ARM-Mac-support/ta-p/304108

According to our plans, a full commercial release of Archicad 
natively running on the ARM architecture is to be expected in 2022.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27