Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

ArchiCad Locks up my computer trying to go to the 3-D window

Anonymous
Not applicable
This problem started fairly recently. I will be working in ArchiCad switching between sections floors and the 3-D window with no problems just a few seconds for it to recalculate every time I switch. Then all of a sudden I will go to the 3-D window and ArchiCad gets stuck on step 12 of 12 at less than a minute. At this point it is using all of the processing power of my computer for up to an hour+. Usually if you don’t want to wait for it to calculate you can click the button to cancel in this case nothing happens. The only recourse is to sit and wait killing valuable time or "force quit" and loose all the information since my last "send and receive". I have found that if I completely quit ArchiCad and then log back into the project it works fine for a while again but there is no predicting when it will freeze up like this again. Every time it does this I typically loose an hour of use with ArchiCad which is primarily what I do all day long. I can’t afford to waist time like this so any help is worth it.

Has anyone else had this problem I am hoping it is not just me?
2 REPLIES 2
__archiben
Booster
chriszolezzi wrote:
Then all of a sudden I will go to the 3-D window and ArchiCad gets stuck on step 12 of 12 at less than a minute.

... the project it works fine for a while again but there is no predicting when it will freeze up like this again.
have you placed a complex or faulty object in there somewhere? it might be that everything is OK until that object is whithin the field of view and requires calculating . . .

try working through the model logically trying to track down the culprit. matthew posted the binary method just the other day . . .

HTH
~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do have the roof kit for the tile roof. However I only turn it on to fix it. Otherwise that layer is off. The rest of the library parts and objects are fairly simple standard objects. Someone mentioned to me that ArchiCad steals ram I don’t know if this is still a problem or if this is why I am having a problem it is just something I herd.