Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Archicad disappearing act!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had this problem just recently. I'll be in Archicad and walk away from my desk and the screen saver comes on. I have it set (the screen saver) for 35 min. I move the mouse and Archicad pops up but then disappears, making me restart it and losing everything that wasn't saved. No error or bug reports! Thats just strange. Any insight would be great.

Justin
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is your screen saver based on OpenGL ? Maybe here is the problem?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is just my "My Pictures" folder slideshow.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had similar happenings, with and without screensavers turned on.

If you're on Windows, rather than restarting, go to Task manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL) and it should show ArchiCAD still there but not responding, select it and click the "switch to" button. It usually comes back. Save immediately!

HTH
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another option if in PC is the Alt-tab combination, it should show the icon for each of the programs / windows you have open and is scrollable by continuing to hit tab until you highlight the correct window you need.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a similar problem currently with AC9, latest patches. But it doesn't go hiding in the background that I can find!

It appears in my case that a user is working in a file and randomly AC closes. They don't even have to click. I check running programs using Alt-Tab and looking at the running processes using the Taskman, but nothing. The event log is silent on this one, and when restarting AC it usually will detect a crash and restore from sometime in the previous 15 min, but not always.

Anyone have anything similar? This problem has been going on for a month or so.

Thanks,

-Thomas
henrypootel
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
This sounds kinda like the nvidia-quicktime bug.
If you have an nVidia graphics card and Quicktime 7 installed this can cause problems. Try updating to the latest video drivers, and if that fails, downgrade Quicktime to version 6.5.
Josh Osborne - Central Innovation

HP Zbook Studio G4 - Windows 10 Pro, Intel i7 7820HQ, 32Gb RAM, Quadro M1200