Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Best Mouse - AC9 & Mac OSX

jbArch
Newcomer
Any recommendations for a new 2-button scroll mouse for Mac?
I just bought a Kensington Wireless and it drove me nuts in ArchiCAD so I'll be returning it... the wheel button doesn't work properly for panning, which is a function I use quite often.
I also have a mini macally mouse I'm using temporarily, and it has similar problems.
Wireless capability is NOT critical.

Cheers,
JB
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
8 REPLIES 8
Dwight
Newcomer
Since many ArchiCAD users already like the Wacom tablet, I'd like to recommend the tablet not for its pen features - that are just fine - but for its lightweight wireless mouse - four buttons, scroll. scroll button. and no battery!

Pan in ArchiCAD is scroll wheel cliak and drag - wonderful - thanks Link!!!!

I've touched planty of mice in my day and squeezed more than one rat [around the neck] and this is by far the best mousing experience I've ever had - even better than the fabled "Boomslang 2000." [But that mouse still has the best name!]

Second best is the cheap blue Microsoft wireless.
Dwight Atkinson
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Pan in ArchiCAD is scroll wheel cliak and drag - wonderful - thanks Link!!!!
Me? What'd I do? Invent a new way to spell click?
I just bought a Kensington Wireless and it drove me nuts in ArchiCAD so I'll be returning it... the wheel button doesn't work properly for panning, which is a function I use quite often.
I bet if you uninstall all Kensington software it will work a treat. Strange but true.

Cheers,
Link.
Rod Jurich
Contributor
jbArch wrote:
Any recommendations for a new 2-button scroll mouse for Mac?/......
Kensington Optical Elite 800 7 buttons. Not wireless, but light and fantastic. Works fine with MouseWorks software.
Rod Jurich
AC4.55 - AC14 INT (4204) |  | OBJECTiVE |
jbArch
Newcomer
Thanks for all the recommendations.
I ended up buying a basic Logitech optical mouse on a whim -- just about the cheapest one available at $14.99 -- and it is great!
Smooth scrolling wheel, pans nicely in AC9.

Cheers,
JB
(still hoping apple will finally come around and design a mouse for the rest of us)
AC 21 (8002) & 22 USA
Mac OSX 10.14.5 on MacBook Pro 2.3GHz Intel i7, 16GB Ram, NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2GB VRAM, 500GB SSD
aahatimo
Newcomer
Link wrote:
I bet if you uninstall all Kensington software it will work a treat. Strange but true.Cheers,
Link.
thats how i am running my new kensington pilot mouse bluetooth. i tried the mouseworks briefly, could not do the scroll thing, so uninstalled mw and scrolling /panning is back.
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
tim-

how do you like that pilotmouse? I'm looking for a good mouse to go with my new powerbook...
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Nik

Are you using your scroll wheel to pan, by holding it down and moving your mouse? Installing the drivers for a lot of mice means that this is disabled, and this is the problem here.

Cheers,
Link.
aahatimo
Newcomer
Weston wrote:
tim-

how do you like that pilotmouse? I'm looking for a good mouse to go with my new powerbook...
it is well designed & has a good solid feel to it. shortcomings are you have to take battery out of it to turn it off and no charger. and the battery level does not show up under the bluetooth mouse area. i use a charger and rechargable batteries.
bluetooth sure is nice. no usb port taken up by another dongle like device. you still may want another mouse if you fly much as bt is not allowed on planes. although i am not sure one of these 17" babies would fit on the tray very well....
timo
tim hanagan
aaha! design studio durango, co
27" retina 5k iMac 4ghz i7 os 10.13.6 m395x 4 mb, 32gb ram, 512 gb ssd ac 22 current
15" retina mbp 2.6ghz 1mb 16gb ac 22 current[/size]