cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Curve Stramp

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi people its me again can anyone show me how to do a Curve Stramp. I can do a curve ramp using mesh tool and i have tried to use stair maker but i can not create a Stramp, somebody has suggested me to use roof tool over a curve stair, i have tried unsucessfully, can anyone show me the CORRECT way to create a Curve Stramp. thanks alot

lovetrain
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
What is a "stramp"? A stair + ramp? If so how are they combined?

My guess is the best approach is a combination of mesh ramps and slab steps. I am assuming the design consists of short runs (two risers?) of steps with intervening sections of ramps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Stramp is a strair ramp like the one Steven Holl used in Helsinki, curved stramps. I just dont know how to create one like that using archicad tools.
I have tried unsucessfully.

lovetrain
Anonymous
Not applicable
i'm assuming you mean that each tread is ramped, followed by a riser

draw the first tread wirth arcs and lines

magic wand a mesh into this

elevate the 'top' end of your tread with the pet pallette

multiply, rotate and elevate

if you need a nice smooth underside to your stramp, create a similar thang underneath (riser=elevate) and SEO that from the stramp

hope that makes sense, if not happy to elucidate
Anonymous
Not applicable
It occurs to me that this "stepped ramp" could
easily be made with roofs and the under side
smoothed out with one roof that is SEO subtracted
from the other roofs.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
I need to amend what I said by saying that the roof method
only works with strait stepped ramps.
With curved stepped ramps you must use
the method suggested by Bill Shorten.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Bill Shorten, take a look at the photo, did i do the correct way that you show me? cuz when i elevate the top of the Stramp, it also increased the thickness of that end, which i does not want or did i do it wrong?

lovetrain
stramp.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Use the Mesh to Roof tool.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Mark Flamer

Can u be more specific about the Mesh to Roof tools? cuz i did not quite get it. Thanks

lovetrain
Anonymous
Not applicable
Draw 2 circles or arcs representing the inner and outer radiuses of your ramp. Divide the circles radialy from the center of the 2 arcs like pieces of pie. Do this in increments of degrees based on the total degrees of the arcs ( If your ramp is a 180 degree arc use 20 degrees or something like that). Magic wand a mesh into the space between the 2 arcs and your radial lines that represents the bottom of your ramp. Set the elevation of the 2 nodes that are the starting edge of your ramp to 0 and the 2 nodes on the uphill side of your ramp to an elevation based on the total rise of your ramp divided by the number of segments you split the arcs into. Select the mesh and use the Mesh to Roof tool to convert the mesh into a grouped cluster of roofs with the appropiate fill and thickness. Select the roof and use the Multiply-Rotate command. In the Multiply settings set the method to rotate & spread. Set the degrees to the same number as the lines dividing the arcs and the elevate setting to the same elevation as you set the uphill side of the original mesh to. Multiply around the center of the arcs. Select all the roofs and group. Switch to the 3D window and there it is! Hope this makes sense.