Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Display problems

Anonymous
Not applicable
I posted a message in another forum, and got back zilch (except for dwight'sjoke--Thanks!). I have a very odd problem, and have 3 screen shots showing what I am experiencing. I cannot trace the problem to software or hardware.

These shots are taken of the same file, just after hitting the green fit scren button (Mac OSX). The full intensity one is the standard I am seeking: the pastel is after ANY redraw/rebuild, and the "vectorized" one after the next redraw or rebuild. A "zoom all" and then return previous view restores the "pastel" one. The full intensity one apprears briefly, the goes to pastel. The vectorized one olny goes awy after a zoom all.

I am running a G-5/1 meg ram/ATI 9600 card/Archicad 9/2018.

Any ideas?

archicad 2.1.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
second screen shot
archicad 1.1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Third-

settings in Archicad ar sam for all three.
archicad 3.1.jpg
Karl Ottenstein
Make a backup of your file and change one of those fills to solid and do the same thing. Look the same in all views? If so, then the issue isn't related to anything being locked and is related to your display driver and display resolution ...

It appears you are using something like a 25% fill, and depending on your pen weight, the dots in that fill can be more or less accurately displayed at different zooms. If you zoom way in, they can be seen accurately. Zoom way out, there aren't enough pixels to display the dots and any gap between them, and the result is solid. That you get weird behavior returning to previous zooms indicates an OpenGL driver problem to me ... the previous textures were loaded and not refreshed, or something. Go to your 2D Redraw Options in Work Environment and CLEAR the checkbox in front of "Optimize drawing method for high performance display card (use OpenGL)". The effect should take effect immediately, but to play it safe, close and re-open AC. Things work now?

[Having that box checked has little effect on work speed in my experience. On one of my computers, things run faster with it unchecked - and do not work properly in all cases with it checked. On a new laptop, things work fine with it checked.]

Verify that you have the most up-to-date driver for your display adapter.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl,

Intersting the things one learns. This should be a documented item, not something you have to search a forum for. Yes, unchecking the "Optimize drawing method for high performance display card (use OpenGL)" appears to have solved the problem, and others as well.

Given that, how does a video card, like a Radeon 9600 with an Open GL toggle (in the card utility) help. hurt or do anything? Is the normal situation w/ Archicad to have "optimize...." chckd? If so, is my video card causing the problem? is my video card not a "high performance display card"? Do I not want to use OpenGL?

So many questions......