Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Does anyone own a machine that screams in 2D?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have lag on all my machines in 2D to some extent. AC11 has pushed things slower yet.

I am re-evaluating my set ups and wondering if anyone that uses AC10 or AC11 all day has a machine that moves in real time with your clicks and pans. Especially in layouts where it seems the slowdowns are the worst (and yes, I have auto updates off)

I am planning on either building a machine from scratch or even switching back to mac platform. Desperate to have my 2d navigation get back to the speed I had in AC9.

My newest machine should be able to fly but it doesn't. Flies in all other 2d intensive apps (photoshop). Graphisoft is trying to help me figure out where the problem is.

So I was hoping to get a list of successful processors so that if I build a machine I am going to be successful.

Thanks much
11 REPLIES 11
Dwight
Newcomer
You have several options with Archicad to improve 2D performance:

1: User Preference>More Options: simplified model - reduces demand on the card to image 2D elements.

2: The was a way to turn off the graphics card 2D acceleration if there was a problem with it but I cannot find it in Archicad 11. Clarification, here?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Found out that closing views, 3d, elevations etc with the red x is not really
closing them.
My machine bogged on 2d panning a lot after I had been working with a file for a while, until I found out about really closing views with ctr W.
Without closing using ctl w, you could be getting slower and slower responses even lock up, the longer you have AC open and working around the file.
Check under AC's Window to see how many "views" are really open.
Even having saved a file with lots of views still open could cause the file
to go slow right after opening it.