Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Help from beta tester

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I had created a layout book with a PM 3.1 beta version. I'm now unable to open this file in PM3.1, because "it was created with an early beta version".

I could open it with PM3.1 beta 21, but it won't help because I can't read it in PM3.1 final

I can't event opent the file with PM3.1 RC5 (too late version)... what can be done ?

PS : I've contacted GS HU about this, but I had no response so far...
4 REPLIES 4
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Geoffroy,

from what I know (from GS itself) when this trouble occurs you have to open your document with the latest beta version released (maybe your version isn't the last one) then save it and then you can open it with the first "official" release.

Try to verify in the ArchiCAD beta version site if there is another beta version newer than your...

I know that this won't help you too much...
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabrizio wrote:
Hi Geoffroy,

from what I know (from GS itself) when this trouble occurs you have to open your document with the latest beta version released (maybe your version isn't the last one) then save it and then you can open it with the first "official" release

I tried that but the PM3.1 beta 21 is old enough to open it, but no new enough to save files that can be opened with PM31 final...
Fabrizio wrote:
Try to verify in the ArchiCAD beta version site if there is another beta version newer than your...
I tried to open it with the latest beta (RC4 and RC5), but these beta are too new to open the file ! I need a version between beta 21 and RC4, but which one, I don't know... and the earlier version of PM aren't available anymore on ArchiCAD beta web site !!!
Fabrizio wrote:
I know that this won't help you too much...
At least you tried

Thank you...
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
It looks like a nightmare...
I suppose the only solution is GS itself
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabrizio wrote:
I suppose the only solution is GS itself
Yes ! I got an answer from GS : the version to use was AC 8.1 RC1, as Laszlo Kocsis answered me

Thank you Laszlo !