cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

How Can I Optimize Performance in Archicad with an Intel UHD Graphics Card?

leoarthur
Newcomer

Hi everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I’m reaching out to see if anyone has tips or best practices for optimizing Archicad performance when using an Intel UHD Graphics card. I understand that integrated graphics might not offer the same level of performance as dedicated GPUs, but I'm hoping to make the most out of my current setup before considering an upgrade. Here's a bit more context:

System Specs:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-1135G7
  • RAM: 16GB DDR4
  • Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics
  • Storage: 512GB NVMe SSD
  • Archicad Version: 25

Issues I'm Facing:

1. Lag and Slow Response Times: There are noticeable delays when navigating 3D models and switching between views.
  2. Rendering Time: Rendering times are significantly longer than I expected.
  3. General Performance: Overall sluggishness, especially with larger projects.

I've tried a few things already:

• Updated Graphics Drivers: I ensured that I have the latest Intel graphics drivers installed.
  • Adjusted Archicad Settings: Reduced the level of detail in 3D views and turned off shadows.
  • Closed Background Applications: Made sure no unnecessary applications are running in the background.

However, these changes have only provided marginal improvements. I’m curious if there are any other adjustments or settings within Archicad that I might have overlooked. Additionally, any tips on system optimizations outside of Archicad that could help improve performance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions and insights!

Operating system used: Mac Intel-based

0 REPLIES 0

Setup info provided by author