Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Logitec Mouse - Stupid Panning

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had a Logitech wireless mouse for about a year now and I've had very few problems with it. Once in a while it will change from the normal pan mode (grabbing the "paper"), to the mode with that stupid white circle-with-arrows thing and it pans in the opposite direction. I've usually been able to fix this either by troubleshooting the mouse or restarting ArchiCAD.

Today it has decided never to work correctly again. It ALWAYS goes into that white-thing mode. I have the latest Logitech driver -- I've been using it for at least 6 months.

What could possibly cause this annoying behavior?
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a similar mouse. It sounds like your scroll might be broken. The white circle with arrows is a function on the mouse activated by pushing the scroll wheel down. Turning the mouse wheel forwards and backwards is for scrolling and zooming. Perhaps you have pushed the scroll down?
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
Encountered the same problem.
Usually occurs when i have been in a Windows program (Explorer, Excel, Word etc) where you can scroll up and down, then clicked back into ArchiCAD.
Usually fixed by going back into Explorer and scrolling up and down and maybe clicking on a file or folder (any file or folder will do) then going back into ArchiCAD to find the scroll has started working again.
I have not found a reason why switching between programs causes this little hiccup.
If that doesn't fix it i close and restart ArchiCAD and that fix's it.

Cheers
Stu
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Microsoft Trackball Marble - beautiful to work with though I get the same 4-way scroll arrows occaisionally. I ausually turn AC off as well then reopen, but sometimes this does not work. Then I get NARKY! I usually get a bit vicious with the scroll button and it seems to jog it back into behaviour mode!
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hmmm, my Logitech mouse gives me a real grief at the moment, it crashes AC when panning for some reason and in a very random pattern. I have tried three different graphic cards (thinking that could be a problem...) but the problem hasn't disappeared and it's been happening since I have switched to XP so I wonder if it is an XP driver bug...
::rk
Stuart Atkinson
Participant
One other thing i should have mentioned in my earlier post is either do not install the auto update for the mouse software or if it is already installed turn it off. Plays havoc with the running of ArchiCAD.

Cheers
Stu.
Anonymous
Not applicable
They do break. I am on my third Logitech mouse. When they start to break they dont scroll properly, the pointer disappears and the whole thing gets erratic!!!
I understand there are wirelss mice now that dont use as many batteries too. That would be a good improvement over my current mouse battery demands. Some come with a recharge cradle as I understand it.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!