BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.
SOLVED!

Mac full screen hides menu bar unless mouse over

Keymaster
Contributor

Basically the title. On Mac when making the archicad 26  window max screen size the top bar (I think it's called menu bar) hides and becomes mouses over to show only. It's the bar that has File, Edit, etc.  Is there a way to not make it mouse over and just show full time. My search hasn't found an answer. Too many common terms clogs up results. 

I wasn't sure where to post there. There isn't really a forum that included toolbar layouts.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution

If you go in to system preferences and dock and menu bar settings you can uncheck the option to automatically show and hide menu bar in full screen so it stays on screen. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

View solution in original post

Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Screenshot here is macOS Ventura... what version of macOS are you using @Keymaster ?

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 3.40.52 PM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
DGSketcher
Legend

It is a Mac thing. It happens with all apps including Apple's own. I know it is a bit odd but that is the way Apple made it work.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Oh, Ok. I just switched to Apple, so still figuring a lot out.

DGSketcher
Legend

I don't regret switching. 👍

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Solution

If you go in to system preferences and dock and menu bar settings you can uncheck the option to automatically show and hide menu bar in full screen so it stays on screen. 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.2.0
macOS Sonoma (14.4.1)

Thanks Lee, that's good to know. I guess we're all still figuring it out.

I don't have that setting. There is a setting to not auto hide the dock which is at the bottom of the screen. There's nothing about the menu bar at the top of the screen that is in most programs. I'm sitting at an older machine right now, so it's possible it's only on newer OS. I find it kind of annoying as it's not hiding OS menu bars, it's actually hiding the menu bar inside of software.

Solution
Karl Ottenstein

Screenshot here is macOS Ventura... what version of macOS are you using @Keymaster ?

Screenshot 2023-10-06 at 3.40.52 PM.jpg

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Learn and get certified!