Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

MacPro (Intel) problem with HP designjet 500ps

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am unable to find correct driver for the designjet 500ps and therefore cannot print from G5 (intel). Another G5 (powerPC) prints to it just fine (but that version installer isn't provided for intel flavor). Although they say differently, driver from HP website (AND from Apple website) do NOT show the printer in the list presented within printer setup. I can only conclude that intel processor is the problem.
I need to access this printer from either computer, so any vector to resolve this issue is greatly appreciated!

BTW, if I select different driver from list (eg: 488ca), I can get to printer but of course it doesn't print properly. This eliminates any question with connectivity.

Also posted in "other problems" category.
2 REPLIES 2
Chazz
Enthusiast
Fingerman,

Others on this forum will thank you for not cross posting....

I have been printing to your plotter model using the standard HP-supplied driver from a mactel laptop without issue. You may have other problems but I don't think it's a driver/intel issue. Also, how can a G5 be an intel machine?!

Best,

Chazz
Nattering nabob of negativism
2023 MBP M2 Max 32GM. MaxOS-Current
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chazz,
OK, I'll not crosspost in future. I was unsure which topic would yield results.

I assume you are using a G5Pro for your test?
If so, you must know that it has INTEL processors.
If your test was successful using this, what version of HP driver is installed, and where did it come from?
Did the 500ps appear in the HP selection list of printer setup utility when you defined the printer address?
Thanks.