cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Material pattern lines in Section.

Bob Moore
Enthusiast
When I cut a section through a 8" CMU foundation wall the line pattern beyond (on the adjacent wall) doesn't line up with the bottom of the wall (they are at 4", 12" & 20"). The wall begins at 3' below finish floor and is 24" high.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
There is a command "Align Texture" which allows you to move the origin of the filll to the base of the wall.

The fills start at 0,0 as an origin. Usually, you will get the best results if your first floor sits at 0'-0".

Is your finish floor (top of wall) at 0'-0"?
Tom Waltz
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
TomWaltz wrote:
There is a command "Align Texture" which allows you to move the origin of the filll to the base of the wall.

The fills start at 0,0 as an origin. Usually, you will get the best results if your first floor sits at 0'-0".

Is your finish floor (top of wall) at 0'-0"?

Yes the top of floor is 0'0" but the foundation wall is 1' below that. (I am using 12" TJI's). When I went to the "Align Texture" command the options were greyed out.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
TomWaltz
Participant
Yes the top of floor is 0'0" but the foundation wall is 1' below that. (I am using 12" TJI's). When I went to the "Align Texture" command the options were greyed out.
Then you will need to adjust the hatch on the wall.

Go to Edit > Align 3D Texture > Set Origin..... It's been a while since I used this, but I think it only works in the 3D window.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom Waltz is correct - it only works in the 3d window It may not work with the OpenGL engine, but I am not sure about this!!
Anonymous
Not applicable
MikeS wrote:
Tom Waltz is correct - it only works in the 3d window It may not work with the OpenGL engine, but I am not sure about this!!
MikeS is correct that Tom Waltz is correct. You can adjust in OpenGL but it helps if you have a texture on the material as well as a fill pattern, as 3D hatching will not display in this mode. If you have a texture you will see it being re-aligned.
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
Thanks,
It did work in the 3-D mode. I wish it could have been simpler by working in plan or section.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB