BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

My project has a different project zero for the Z axis and for the XY axes.

Espen da Silva
Booster

I'm very confused, but somehow my project has spawned a new project zero... but just for the X and Y axis. I was getting some unusual coordinates with the measure tool all of a sudden, so I looked around and found a new project zero I haven't seen before, far away from the original project zero that I'm used to. Here is a screenshot of this new project zero that is placed in front of a door in the middle of my building:

EspendaSilva_0-1681903881689.png

Notice that the X and Y coords are zero, but the Z is not. Also, notice the correct original project zero showing through the door far away in the distance above the doorhandle. I can place the measure tool on the original project zero and I get these numbers:

EspendaSilva_1-1681904009327.png

So as you can see, Archicad is no longer considering the original project zero to be at Z=0, X=0, and Y=0. Why has this happened, and why is it even possible for a project to have split project zeroes?

1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

Espen da Silva:

One is Project Zero, the other is the movable User Origin. If you double-click the Set User Origin button (left side) of the Coordinates palette, the User Origin will reset to Project Zero. This is similar to the origins in the orthogonal views.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!