cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Plan to 3D Window to Plan Returns to Wrong Story

genarch
Enthusiast
I was wondering if anyone else had encountered this odd behavior. It's happened to me on previous versions of AC and continues to happen in v15. I'll be working on the floor plan on Story 3. Then I'll go to the 3D Window to check out the model, then return to the plan window. But when I return and refresh the view, it will have gone down one story (to Story 2, in this example). But it will show linework from both Story 3 and Story 2. The top of the window will say Story 3, but if I use my keyboard shortcut to go down a story, rather than ending up on Story 2, I get Story 1.

It's a frustrating thing and what's more annoying is that it doesn't seem to happen all the time, or on all documents.
MacOS Sonoma

AC27&26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

Mac Studio M2 Max 2024
2 REPLIES 2
genarch
Enthusiast
I figured it out and it certainly seems like a bug. When I change from the 3D window back to the 2D window, the 2D window goes to whatever story the Trace layer is set to display! I had the Trace layer displaying one story below the current, which is why the 2D window kept showing me a story below what I was expecting.

Workaround: turn off the Trace feature.
MacOS Sonoma

AC27&26, Artlantis 2020, TwinMotion

Mac Studio M2 Max 2024
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
That is a strange case indeed but I am not able to reproduce the trouble with the information given. I would need to gather more info. If you like you can email the GRAPHISOFT North America Tech Support team and we could look into it further. support at graphisoft dot com .

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center