Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Plotmaker update over network issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are using a server to store all the files for our projects. It is a G-4 desktop. We are accessing the files from a dell laptop and a new G-5 2.7 dual. When we open (or try to open) the files from the G-5 we randomly get server not found warnings. Typically when this happens the updating of the drawings fails and we have to start over or manually update files one by one. Now this problem is totally random and only occurs on the G-5. The server is loaded on the machine and access to other files including ArchiCad is seamless and untroubled. This problem is only occurring in Plot maker. The problem is also random. One minute the update process will be working with no problems then all of a sudden “server not found” so I try again “server not found” then five seconds later it works again with no problems. If anyone has any ideas this is just confusing the heck out of me. The network is running fine. The computers are all talking to one another except for plot maker on the G-5. I reinstalled ArchiCad to try to fix the problem with no success. The interesting thing is that this is a new problem. Everything was working fine last week.
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
thank you for the post
we are debating replacing our old Win2000 server with a mac server ( A G4) because the Macs update slow from the window. Also the publishing to the Win200 server from a Mac is 4 time slower then from a PC. Then I found out today that a dual core 1.8G5 publishes to its desktop (that is not on the network) 4 time slower then an old 733MHZ PC does. This is incredible and I believe GS is utterly neglecting the functionality of the MAC. This makes me believe that your problem is not an Apple problem but is induced by Archicad PM.

I am debating switching to Win jist because the herendoust time waste in my office. This is not a joke the process is as slow as it was in AC4.3 on a 100T network ( maybe much slower)