cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Installation & update
About program installation and update, hardware, operating systems, setup, etc.

Rum Archicad Faster

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have archicad v.10 and just installed more ram bringing me up to 1.5g.b

also Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz Windows XP sp2. Archicad seem to me running very slow if I change a setting on a window in an elevation for instance it take 4 or 5 seconds. Can anyone suggest some optimal settings or possible ways to speed up the processing.

I don't know alot about computers but I can follow simple directions.

I am also almost completely full on storage will this effect my speed?
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mo wrote:
I have archicad v.10 and just installed more ram bringing me up to 1.5g.b

also Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz Windows XP sp2. Archicad seem to me running very slow if I change a setting on a window in an elevation for instance it take 4 or 5 seconds. Can anyone suggest some optimal settings or possible ways to speed up the processing.

I don't know alot about computers but I can follow simple directions.

I am also almost completely full on storage will this effect my speed?
Its hard to diagnose what your problem is. It could be any number of things and i suspect hardware related rather than archicad which is probably best looked at by your local IT professional. But in regards to hard-drive space.

You need at least double (and a bit more) of harddrive space as compared to your ram. Go into the control panel/sysem/advanced tab/performance settings button/advanced tab/ Change virtual memory. Put it on Custom and check you have 1536mb (this is the ram size you stated) minimum size and 3072mb (this is double your ram size) maximum size. Restart to take effect. Making this larger can actually slow your machine so dont go overboard, try these settings first.